Moving Out: Leaving the Nest and Learning to Fly on Your Own
This Live Class Meets:
– 6 weeks
– 1 x a week
– 55 min. a class
$18 per week
Financial Skills for Those Moving Out or Moving on to College
Moving On & Moving Out: Things You Should Know Before Heading to Campus
Moving out is a big deal. But how do teens know if they are moving towards a glamourous dorm life as seen in T.V. shows make, wacky hijinks that movies say come with apartment living, or toward impending financial doom as news headlines read? Instead of freaking out, get the real deal on how to keep your sanity and your wallet in check. In this 6-week course we’ll go over what to expect when moving out and moving on.
Together we’ll explore:
– How to pay bills that don’t take Cash App or Venmo
– How not to get scammed by a Credit Card company
– How to plan for an unpredictable income
– What are common household bills
– How to find free stuff
– What’s a check and what’s a cashier’s check
– What on earth is a W-4
– How to calculate your paycheck before getting paid
This class is great for:
– This course is suitable for students who are moving out of their family home to go live in a college dorm.
– Young adults who are moving out of the family home and staying in an apartment/ house/ living with friends
– Young adults who are preparing for financial independence.
* Note: Students who are in their “junior” academic year may wish to take this course as a way to plan ahead.
– Welcome & Share
– Topic of the day
– Problem solving activity
Week 1: The curious world of credit cards
Week 2: Bills, Bills, Bills
Week 3: Deals & Weird things that will save you money
Week 4: Earning money
Week 5: Roommates and sharing spaces
Week 6: Tips for not having loan debt
Click Here to View All Life Skills Courses
Basic computer literacy skills- Students must know how to mute, unmute, and click on a link (links are shared in the chat).